Fortification’s Revive Damage Reduction Effect
A very useful trait that goes hand in hand with Revivalist, Fortification helps you stave off damage you will inevitably receive when trying to revive your downed team mates. The damage reduction is so considerable at max level, that it makes reviving your allies one of the safest things you can do.
Fortification is a bit low on the priority list (see Co-Op Traits list), as the means of acquiring it are fairly difficult and will come well after most people can get and max out the other co-op traits placed above it, besides being less practical than several of the other traits in it’s category.
It’s worth noting that the damage reduction is 150% more than the reductions offered by the ranged and melee damage reduction traits. Combining them, Bark Skin and a heavy armor set, will make you a juggernaut of revival.
How to Find the Fortification Trait
- First, you will need to find the Fetid Pools event in Corsus.
- Inside the dungeon, you will acquire a Rusted Amulet. Once you have this, you need to find an acid pool and crouch in it. Doing this will dissolve the amulet and give you an Acid Cleaned Key.
- You will need 3 of these keys, either by having you and another player find the amulet, then re-roll adventure mode to find another Fetid Pool event, clean the old amulets, find the new one then clean that too, or have a team of 3 players use their keys together. You can not take a cleaned key with you into another adventure mode. If you re-roll, you will lose it. The Rusted Amulet will persist however, which is why you can do it with just 2 people.
- With those three keys, there will be one of the reward rooms (rooms opened with the key) that exists as a set of rooms with a stairwell connecting tot he upper one. You will need to open the door to the room, the stairwell itself and the upper room.
- Once in the upper room, you will find the Hero’s Ring. Picking this up will also grant the Fortification trait.
*Pictures and walkthrough videos are in progress.