Guardian’s Blessing Melee Damage Reduction Effect
One of the two direct damage reduction mods, Guardian’s Blessing gives you protection against all melee attacks. Priority wise, it’s a bit of a toss-up between this or Mother’s Blessing for the ranged damage reduction, so it’s really a matter of which you feel you have a harder time dealing with. Personally, I find the melee attacks to be the hardest hitting.
How to Find the Guardian’s Blessing Trait
Finding Guardian’s Blessing
There is a multi step process involved with unlocking Guardian’s Blessing, starting in Yaesha. This can be done in Adventure or Story Mode.
- In Yaesha you will need to find the Stuck Merchant NPC. This is a friendly pan (the main inhabitants you find in this world) that sells 2 pieces of the Radiant Armor Set, the Spear and some consumables, notably, the Golden Plum. Buy whatever you need from her now as she wont be available after this process. The 100k scrap ring, Guardian’s Ring, you can skip as you’ll receive it for free soon, but definitely get the Radiant set pieces now if you haven’t already.
- Check the back of the trading cart parked nearby her. You will find a glowing quest item named Strange Curio. Grab this.
- You should be able to find a dungeon named the Guardian Shrine somewhere in the same world, which has a large golden bell shaped door that must be opened by first interacting with it, then placing the Strange Curio in the key hole that appears. Doing so makes the door fully slide away and allows you access to the items inside.
- You should find the Radiant Helm along with a tome of knowledge inside. When you pick them up, a boss will spawn called Root Horror. The fight isn’t too crazy, but at 50% health it will teleport away.
- Go back to where the Stuck Merchant was again. You will have to fight the Root Horror boss for real this time. Once you have done so, Guardian’s Blessing will unlock. Make sure to check near the merchant for the Guardian’s Ring which will be lying on the ground.