Potency’s Consumable Duration Effect
*Requires Swamps of Corsus DLC
Potency is a Trait that’s most useful for the normally short lived consumables like Adrenaline and Frenzy, because these are the only ones that expire quickly enough to stop working during a fight you might still need them in. For the rest of the consumables like the resistance buffs (Oilskin Tonic, Hydro Coolant, etc) or the hour long, through-death buffs like Mudtooth’s Stew or Houndmaster’s Jerky, this Trait merely saves you scrap and having to buy more of them in the long run, as you should always have some moment of downtime to refresh a 10 minute to hour long buff, before getting into the thick of it again.
Consumable Duration Table
|Consumable||Base Duration||Lvl 20 Potency Duration|
|Frenzy Dust & Blood Wort||30 Seconds||36 Seconds|
|Adrenaline||30 Seconds||36 Seconds|
|Oilskin Tonic, Hydro Coolant, Heavy Water, Greenleaf, Ethereal Orb||10 Minutes||12 Minutes|
|Mudtooth’s Stew & Tonic, Divine Nectar, Beetle Extract, Golden Plum, Houndmaster’s Jerky,||60 Minutes||72 Minutes|
How to Find the Potency Trait
Finding Potency is a bit complicated and can be a fair bit challenging. Also while I haven’t fully confirmed this yet, I have a strong suspicion that you need to complete Corsus in the story mode of your game at least once, before certain things will spawn for you in adventure mode. It is also best to perform this after giving the Guardian Heart to the Iskal Queen in your story mode game, though it may not be necessary, there are definitely other rewards for doing so. So keep that in mind.
- First, roll adventure mode on Corsus until you have a map with the Iskal Queen (Boss Version) and the Graveyard Elf.
- You will need to find one of the green zombies (pic below) that can infect you with a Parasite and let it grab you and apply it on you.
- Avoid touching any red stones (which will clear the effect) and run to the Iskal Queen and talk to her, then agree to help her deal with the Graveyard Elf. She will give you the Iskial Vial.
- Approach the Graveyard Elf by crouching in stealth to avoid waking her up and place the vial inside of her soup. The Potency Trait will unlock here.
- To get another reward, the Ring of the Unclean, go to a checkpoint, come back to the Elf’s hut and you will find the ring inside.